This Using Lengths to Represent Equality activity & project also includes:
Match the length in more than one way. Pupils work in pairs to create equal lengths using different combinations of rods. The quick activity allows learners to develop a physical understanding of equality and realize there is more than one way to come up with a given length.
- Challenge pairs to come up with as many ways as possible to make the length
- Each pair needs a collection of Cuisenaire rods
- Individuals should be comfortable writing addition equations
- Provides suggestions on how to modify the task
- Makes connections to other standards within the grade