This Using a Fancy Spectrograph lesson plan also includes:
Put the spectrograph to good use. Using a spectrograph individuals built themselves, young scientists examine and record the emission spectra of different light sources. They use the spectra to compare and contrast the compositions of the light sources.
- Challenge learners to find as many different spectra for light sources as possible
- Pupils must have completed the "Building a Fancy Spectrograph" activity and its associated homework assignment
- Different light sources are necessary, such as Christmas lights, candles, glow sticks, and neon bulbs
- Provides reproducible student worksheets
- Includes a set of sample answers for instructors to reference