Either way you pronounce it, Uranus is one cool planet! An ice giant, to be exact, just like its neighbor, Neptune. Travel to the far reaches of our solar system in a video filled with amazing images and interesting facts. The narrator discusses the composition and atmospheres of both planets, the history of their discoveries, and their odd orbits.
- Have the class create a graphic organizer to record the characteristics of both planets
- Incorporate the video into a solar system unit
- The resource is suitable for both middle and high school students with little prior knowledge of the subject
- Scientific terms, such as retrograde, are defined and illustrated to prevent confusion
- The images and facts the video uses for both planets are interesting and presented in a high-energy manner