Should we be afraid of uranium? Video 92 of 118 on the periodic table of elements examines uranium. It covers the facts, misconceptions, dangers, and safety precautions for working with this radioactive element.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Map the 20 countries with active uranium mines
- Discuss the use of uranium in the Hiroshima bomb and why only 1.38 percent of it actually went through fission
- Relies on prior knowledge of radioactivity, nuclear bombs, and the periodic table
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Displays different forms and isotopes of uranium in a variety of colors
- Provides subtitles in English and Portuguese for visual learners