This Units of Volume interactive also includes:
Did you know in the UK a quart is smaller than in America? This explains why a standard unit of measure is necessary for volume. Young scientists learn the similarities and differences between five different units used to measure volume. Through a matching activity and three puzzles, scholars review their symbols and equivalent values.
- Review the differences between cm cubed and dm cubed in depth before using this resource
- Break each word down into the prefix and roots to help pupils better understand the relationships between words
- Relies on a strong understanding of the standard metric units of volume
- Uses the British spelling for each unit
- Offers both an online and worksheet version, which encourages differentiation
- Connects science, math, and language concepts