This Unit 4: The Brain unit also includes:
Drugs interact with the brain to alter moods, emotions, and behaviors by changing the brain's chemistry, perceptions, and interactions. The final lesson in the Pharmacology unit shows scholars experiments, has them complete four labs, and challenges them to research the impact of drugs on the brain.
- Invite an addiction specialist or doctor to speak to the class
- Relies on prior knowledge of chemistry, biology, and the first three lessons in the unit
- Purchase the required CD from the NIH in advance, as it is required for most of the lessons and must be shipped
- Offers an outline for all lectures to help keep the teacher on track
- Connects concepts from chemistry, biology, pharmacology, forensics, psychology, and health
- Some links to materials do not work