This Unit 3 Pre-Test, Grades 7–9 assessment also includes:
Earth's systems respond to changes in environments in all types of ways including migration, extinction, adaptation, immigration, and emigration to name a few. Part one in a series of seven is a pre-test consisting of 14 questions. Some are multiple choice and the others are short answer, all pertaining to how ecosystems respond to changes in their environments.
- Use pupil responses to these questions to guide a unit on how ecosystems respond to change (natural and man-made)
- Give classes around 15 minutes to complete
- Copies of test need to be in color in order for the map on page two to be effective
- Assessment consists of multiple-choice and short-answer questions, allowing teachers to see depth of knowledge
- Asks class members to analyze graphs, diagrams, and images, which requires higher order thinking skills