This Understanding the Design Process lesson plan also includes:
Can you build a better mousetrap? Broken into two sessions, this plan introduces learners to the design process. The first session has pupils look at the world through a design perspective by redesigning everyday objects. In the second session, pupils identify problems with objects that lead to design improvements.
- Have the class do some research on the origins of the paper clip and why it has its current design
- Research the design process to find examples of how people use it
- Gather the required materials before class
- The first of six in the Design and Discovery series.
- Introduces three brainstorming techniques
- Each activity includes teacher instruction pages along with handouts for the class