This Understanding Overfishing video also includes:
Something's fishy here! Fishermen are having trouble catching enough fish to supply the demand due to years of overfishing. Bycatch, the unintentional harvesting of unwanted fish, is also a serious situation. Follow the viewing of this short visual with a research assignment where your ecologists gather current statistics on overfishing and legislation that is attempting to put an end to the waste.
- Critical thinking discussion questions are provided as a follow-up
- Links to related websites can be found in the Dig Deeper tab
- Lesson can be flipped, i.e. customized with your own questions
- Can be used when addressing NGSS HS-ESS3-6
- Does not delve into how different organizations are working to address the problem