What are copyright, public domain, and fair use practices? Scholars find out by watching the second of four videos from a media literacy series. They learn about how copyright laws protect intellectual property and understand the importance of seeking permission for copyrighted content. Pupils also discover how to find free content using public domain sources.
- Allow students to practice finding images and other content in the public domain
- Prior to watching the video, have small groups brainstorm the meaning of copyright
- Requires headphones or computer speakers
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Provides a link to a helpful text-based lesson
- Narrator speaks in a slow, clear voice to maximize comprehension