This Understanding and Measuring School Electronics lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Feel the power in turning off electronics. Using energy-monitoring devices, pupils find the amount of energy it takes to power a simple electronic when it is on and when it is off. They then calculate the cost for the entire year for the device based on the power usage.
- Determine the cost to run the same device for the entire school
- Brainstorm ways for pupils to conserve energy at school
- Requires at least six energy-monitoring devices and as many power-using equipment
- Provides background information for the teacher on energy use and electricity
- Includes links to outside resources for more information