This Underground To Canada: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Julilly dreams of freedom after being taken from her mother by a slave trader. Will she ever be free again? A resource focuses on the first chapter of Barbara Smucker's book Underground to Canada, and includes 10 vocabulary words, comprehension questions, and an activity to create sentences with similes.
- Study along with standards pertaining to slavery and the Civil War
- Use a map to track the journey to freedom
- Provides only a preview of the full novel study
- Offers language activities using verbs and nouns
- Suggests themes to teach along with the novel