Viewers of a short video learn about salt and water molecules and how their characteristics determine how they interact with each other. Then, they watch a simulation of how the interaction limits the uptake of water in plant roots and affects plant growth.
- Introduce polarity of molecules and chemical bonding by showing the video to pique interest
- Use as a flipped classroom activity to have class learn about properties of water
- Requires some basic background knowledge of plant needs
- Diagrams and visuals support understanding
- Real-world application for plant growth in varying landscapes