This Two Versions of FDR's Infamy Speech interactive also includes:
Historians follow FDR's Infamy speech from rough draft to the official address to the Senate. An intriguing activity compares and contrasts FDR's original speech to the official version. Academics also listen to FDR address the Senate. The resource includes a group discussion to compare important differences in the speech and its impact.
- Compare FDR's Infamy Speech to Truman's address after Hiroshima
- Have pupils write a newspaper article summarizing FDR's address to the Senate
- The activity requires Internet access to complete
- Resource includes an auditory component
- The activity provides a good example of the speech-writing process