This Two Solutions assessment also includes:
An assessment presents a variety of equations and inequalities. Pupils must find two solutions for each equation or inequality and determine whether there are only two, another finite number, or an infinite number of solutions for the given equations and inequalities.
- Encourage class members to graph the equations to determine the solutions
- For problems with more than two solutions, ask for a general formula for all the solutions
- Assumes learners are comfortable with trigonometric and polynomial equations
- Answer key has sample explanations for the solutions
- Rubric outlines how to award partial credit