Make a study of -en words with this exercise. Class members first read a short poem that incorporates many -en words. They then respond to three included reading comprehension questions about the passage.
41 Views 49 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- While reading, have kids circle each instance of an -en word
- Ask learners to read the poem out loud to practice -en words
- Require pupils to underline or highlight the lines that provided the answers to the reading questions
- Handwriting lines are provided to support beginning writers
- There are quite a few -en words included here to help kids practice
- Answers are not provided; however, they should be easy to determine