This Two-Dimensional Vectors: River Ferry and Current Vectors interactive also includes:
Fight against the current. Pupils explore the resulting path when they are crossing a river while being pushed downstream by the current. Using vector notation, learners express the speed and direction of a ferry. They finish by calculating the speed and location of the craft with the aid of vectors.
- Provide a mini-lesson on addition of vectors using component notation
- Individuals should be familiar with component notation for vectors
- Access to the interactive requires signing up for a free login account
- Allows for a visualization of vectors
- Reveals the correct answer when needed