TV dramas tend to exaggerate the forensic science components. Learn what true forensic chemistry looks like in an installment of a larger series covering reactions. Viewers see that chromatography, mass spectrography, and methodical processes are valuable tools in forensic science in real life, too.
- Show a video of a CSI episode that highlights the sensationalism of the forensic sciences
- Invite a local forensic expert to discuss their use of chemistry in crime fighting
- Assumes learners are familiar with the field of forensics
- Discusses the facts while making the occupation sound interesting and important
- Interviews an actually forensic scientist to add relevance to the discussion