This Turtle In Paradise: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Turtle, an 11-year-old girl in Turtle in Paradise, travels to Florida to live with her aunt. With the Great Depression all around her, Turtle safely hides within the shell she created around herself but soon opens up after the move. Scholars read through the story and answer comprehension questions over the first two chapters, write sentences using alliteration, personification, and similes, as well as learn eight new vocabulary words.
- Incorporate with a study of life during the Great Depression
- Gives only a preview of the full novel study and does not cover the entire book
- Readers use the library or Internet resources to research
- Includes word work using homonyms
- Suggests themes to teach along with the novel