This Tuning Fork Discovery lesson plan also includes:
No need for a knife when a fork will do! Groups of pupils first read about the science of sound, and then experiment with tuning forks. Teams gather information about the pitch and length of their forks and compare them to the pitch and length of other groups' forks.
- Borrow a set of hand bells and compare the sizes of the bells to the pitch they play
- Lead a discussion on how vibration and pitch relate
- Requires one tuning fork per group
- Provides the teacher information about the intent of the activity
- Includes a lesson terminology list