This Triangle Area Patterns activity & project also includes:
Combine algebraic and geometric strategies to find solutions. The task asks learners to find the coordinates of a third vertex of a triangle to create a triangle with a specific area. The project is a set of seven problems that helps individuals discover patterns in the possible solutions.
- Incorporate the activities as a means of teaching triangle criteria
- Choose parts of the algebra project that match your learning goals if time is a constraint
- Builds on an understanding of linear equations
- Incorporates several algebraic topics within a single project
- Includes ideas to differentiate within your classroom