This Triangle Area: No Height? Use the Sine lesson plan also includes:
No height? No problem! Learners use their knowledge and a little help from GeoGebra to develop the Law of Sines formula. The Law of Sines helps to determine the height of triangles to calculate the area.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- After completing the activity, ask individuals to explain to a partner the proof of the Law of Sines
- Ensure a familiarity with calculating the area of a triangle and trigonometric ratios
- Requires individual laptops with Internet to access GeoGebra
- Includes both a warm-up and closing exercise
- Allows pupils to experiment with different strategies to discover the formula