Trench warfare was extremely common in World War I, but just how deep were these trenches, and what was life like for the soldiers in them? The resource answers these questions and more. Pupils learn about everything from the way soldiers construct a trench to how the use of trenches affected other aspects of the war.
- Include as part of a larger unit on technology and warfare
- Prior knowledge about World War I proves useful
- Serves as an installment of a larger Technology and Warfare in World War I series
- The narrator keeps the information fresh and interesting while also making the content informative
- A large variety of primary source images help scholars visualize the trench warfare experience