This Tree Talk lesson plan also includes:
Examining tree rings shows more than just age. The third installment of a five-part Family Nature Program unit has learners examine all parts of trees including tree rings to tell stories about the life of the tree. They then use their new knowledge to identify parts of trees and compare different species.
- Take your group on a nature walk to identify different types of trees and discuss their parts in nature
- Use specimen that are both native and nonnative for comparison
- Requires time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Includes links to purchase required materials
- Adaptable to different age groups and objectives