This Trebuchet Toss lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Young engineers work in teams to design and build their own trebuchets according to certain criteria; they must be able to launch a mini marshmallow accurately into a pie tin. Background reading material, a planning sheet for trebuchet design, and evaluation questions are all provided for your class. This would be an ideal project to hold in science class while students are learning about the Middle Ages in their history class!
- Neatly formatted handouts include a data table for recording distances that the marshmallow is launched
- The evaluation phase of the lesson allows learners to critique their designs
- Fosters teamwork
- Supports Next Generation Science Standards for engineering deisgn
- No physics concepts on force or projectile motion are included; make sure to teach the concepts appropriate to the grade level of your class