You may know about A, B, and C, but now you can include "arrrrr" to the list of music notes to practice! Here is a fun pirate-themed activity in which young musicians determine the intervals of various notes in the treble clef to work their way through a musical treasure hunt.
- Assign as music homework for kids to complete in the beginning stages of music theory
- Encourage orchestra sections to work together on the treasure hunt, and offer a music-themed prize to the winning section
- Leave for a substitute teacher on a day when the orchestra director will be gone
- Instructions are a little confusing but learners pick up the concept quickly
- Encourages music theory practice in an engaging way
- Versatile for use with any grade or level of musical mastery