Leaves produce sugars through photosynthesis, but how do the sugars get to the rest of the plant? The final video in a three-part series within the Fuse School Biology playlist answers this question. It details how the phloem and translocation work. From the sources to the sinks, active transport delivers sucrose to every part of the plant.
- Go into more depth about the sieve tube plates in the phloem
- Review concentration gradient if needed
- Relies on prior knowledge of osmosis, diffusion, and active transport
- Requires very little class time, so it makes a great supplement
- Simple and clear diagrams clarify the concepts