Do cells breathe? An installment in the Fuse School series of videos describes how cells take in the nutrients they need and release the waste they don't need. It highlights the process of diffusion and osmosis.
23 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Before class, make popcorn and relate the smell to diffusion
- Connect the idea of equilibrium to balancing equations in algebra or chemistry
- Music level makes it difficult to hear parts of the speech, so slow it down or used closed captioning to help
- Requires very little class time
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes