Coming soon to a windowpane near you, a solar panel you can see through! Science scholars discover new solar technology in a short video. The narrator compares the dark, traditional solar panel with the recently developed clear version and explains the pros and cons of each.
- Video makes a great addition to an alternative energy sources or technology lesson
- Locate data that compares the efficiency of clear solar panels with the traditional design
- Give additional information on how the solar energy collected is transformed into electrical energy
- The resource highlights some of the difficulties developers are having in terms of cost and efficiency, which can be used to launch an NGSS-aligned activity on improving a design
- Animations show how the clear panels with tiny embedded cells collect certain wavelengths of sunlight while allowing others to pass through