This Translation and Reflection lesson plan also includes:
Bring about the change you want to see in the world or at least in your lesson plans. Young mathematicians learn about translation and reflections by applying them to polygons on the coordinate plane. Results provide data to develop rules on how coordinates change with these transformations.
- Split the lesson over the course of two days, one for translations and one for reflections, supplementing each part with more problems
- Have the class create posters of tessellations using translations
- Activity requires patty paper or tracing paper
- Includes activity sheet for both translation and reflections
- No exercise problems or skills practice