This Transforming Water Into Acid ... And Back lesson plan also includes:
Greenhouse gases affect marine wildlife in life-threatening ways. Through experimentation, your classes explore the acidification of water from the main greenhouse gas carbon dioxide. As they introduce carbon dioxide to water, a pH indicator shows the change in the acidity level. The second part of the activity shows learners how adding heat to the water returns it to a normal pH level.
- Incorporate the pre-lesson questions as assessment questions at the conclusion of the activity
- Uses a specific set of materials and requires time to set up prior to the lesson
- Assumes an understanding of the carbon cycle
- Directions include pictures to improve clarity
- Connects science concepts to real-life enviornmental concerns