This Transformations: Translations video also includes:
Slide into vector transformations. Column vectors define the translation of figures by defining the number of units to move horizontally and vertically on the coordinate graph. Pupils develop an understanding of how to read the translation and practice it own their own.
- Provide a brief introductory lesson on vector notation
- Encourage pupils to add to coordinate rather than count on the grid
- Individuals should understand basic translations
- Worksheets provide a grid to use for the transformation
- Answer keys contain notes that identify the translation from the vector notation