This Transformations lesson plan also includes:
The coordinate plane is a popular place! Identify rotations, reflections, and dilations on the coordinate plane. Pupils work in small groups to match transformations of a figure with the description of the transformation. They perform transformations on a parallelogram and look for a pattern in the coordinates of a dilated pentagon.
- Use a variety of materials to perform the transformations, such as software, patty paper, and transparencies
- Lead a discussion on what is essential to include in the descriptions of the different types of transformations
- The class should be familiar with the different types of transformations
- The matching game is not pre-matched in its layout, which makes it okay for the class to cut out their own cards
- Contains suggestions for differentiation
- Does not include the center of dilation in the descriptions of the dilations