This Transformation - Translation: Lesson video also includes:
Develop a prime example of sliding about the coordinate plane. Using figures on the coordinate plane, a segment of an extensive geometry playlist introduces the transformation of translations. The presentation uses coordinate notation to describe the translations.
- Use transparencies or patty paper to help individuals translate figures
- Describe translations verbally, such as over two and down three
- Assumes individuals can plot points
- Requires learners to know how to find the distance between two points
- Provides a link to other translation resources
- Uses colors to distinguish the pre-image from the image