This Transformation - Rotation: Lesson video also includes:
Change places by pivoting the figure. The section of a geometry playlist introduces rotations by making the connection to rotational symmetry. The presentation provides formulas to use with the coordinates when rotating a figure around the origin a multiple of 90 degrees.
- Use manipulatives and have learners discover the rules for multiples of 90-degree rotations
- Assumes individuals know the total degrees needed to rotate all the way around
- It is helpful if pupils have learned about rotational symmetry
- Uses colors to distinguish the image from the pre-image
- Links to more resources on rotations
- When originally referring to 180-degree rotation, the presenter places the figure into the wrong quadrant