AAG-CCT-GAA: Can somebody translate this for me? A video demonstrates how transcribing and translating DNA is similar to reading a cookbook to make a meal. Scholars walk through the steps of transcription, converting genes to mRNA. Video then explains how ribosomes convert this message to a protein.
- Pause video after teaching transcription and allow scholars to take notes, ask questions, and process the information; do the same after video discusses translation
- Teacher needs a computer, access to the Internet, and a way to project the video
- Parts of video repeat other videos in the series
- Installment 28 in a series of 31
- Great analogy between cooking and transcription and translation
- Uses high-quality diagrams and animations
- Provides closed captioning