Don't run from the resource—sprint to it. Using an engaging performance task, scholars consider a set of constraints on the creation of a track. Given several possible designs, they determine if the designs meet the constraints. If not, they identify way to improve them.
- Invite a physical education teacher to discuss tracks and their dimensions
- Learners should be able to calculate diameters of circles given the circumference
- Some experience with design constraints would be beneficial
- Diagrams are well drawn and easy to interpret
- Provides a student worksheet and answer key