This Touring the Poles lesson plan also includes:
Would you want to vacation in the Arctic or Antarctic regions? Scholars research both regions and produce a travel brochure trying to convince tourists to visit. The project focuses on the geography, climate, flora, fauna, and indigenous people in both regions.
- Learn about current and past research in the polar regions here
- Requires a microphone and recording device
- Provide plenty of time in the computer lab for researching and additional time for designing the brochures either on software or with art supplies
- Includes a grading rubric
- Offers tips for research, web sites, and timelines for each step of the project