This To Amend or Not to Amend, That's Been the Question...Many Times lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Looking for some ideas for how to celebrate September 17, Constitution Day? Check out a packet that focuses on the factors that are considered in the amendment process. Class members examine the amendment process and the types of amendments that have been adopted. They then analyze some proposed amendments and predict whether the amendment will be adopted.
- Set aside additional time to prepare individual copies of several handouts, a PowerPoint presentation, transparencies, and/or posters
- Constitution Day is September 17
- Requires considerable time to complete
- The 17-page packet includes a teacher's guide, a step-by-step procedure, and worksheets
- Lacks a hook to engage class members in the topic