This ‘Tis the Season for a Reason video also includes:
The distance from the sun causes the seasons, right? Review common misconceptions that interfere with scholars' understanding of how the seasons of the year occur. A video from the Good Thinking PD series offers strategies for overcoming misconceptions and for teaching how the rotation of Earth results in seasons.
- Hold a PD session with a vertical team to develop a common language when teaching science topics
- Have learners view the video as well to initiate discussion of common misconceptions
- Geared toward teachers of elementary pupils but appropriate for upper levels as well
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers an option of closed captioning
- Presentation is easy to understand and gives helpful teaching tips