This Thumbs on Fire activity & project also includes:
How fast are those thumbs? Pupils view a short video showing a person typing out a text message in a speed challenge. They use the information they can glean from the video to estimate the number of seconds it will take to completely type the message shown.
- Use the resource as part of the closure section of a lesson on proportional relationship
- Scholars should have experience with rates and proportional relationships
- Knowledge of estimation strategies is necessary
- Highlights the relevance of mathematics to daily life
- Includes the answer in the form of a video