Death cap mushrooms cause the most fatal mushroom poisonings worldwide. The video explains where they grow, how the toxin works, and how our bodies react to eating them. Then, it offers a glimpse into the research scientists are doing to try to stop the spread of these deadly mushrooms.
- Sort pictures of mushrooms that are safe to eat and those that are unsafe
- Research how these mushrooms arrived in the United States and their current locations
- Be wary of displaying public comment sections as they are not always appropriate for the classroom
- Includes closed captioning for ease of note taking
- High-definition video draws viewers into the story