Many people refer to all coniferous trees as pine trees and the video addresses that misconception. It details the differences in pines, spruces, firs, and other related trees. Then it shares the family of trees and their branches.
5 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Print tree cards and have pupils sort them based on the information learned in the video
- Relies on prior knowledge of the parts of a tree, the difference between deciduous and coniferous, and how the seeds of coniferous plants vary
- Most comments contain words not widely accepted in classrooms, so avoid dispalying them when showing the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses photographs of trees to illustrate their differences
- Includes closed captioning in Arabic, Chinese, and English