Can photons be split? It appears that way! Observe as one photon becomes two during a video from an informative physics playlist. The resource examines the nature of photons, how the crystals can help increase or decrease the number of photons interacting with it, and current research on our eye's ability to detect a single photon.
- Not sure how quantum entanglement works? Watch a short video to learn more
- Use the resource to elaborate on a lesson about photons and their role as an elementary particle
- Contains very high-level physics concepts and vocabulary
- Animations show how the BBO crystals function to split photons
- The narrator provides links to additional resources to help viewers connect with the content