This Think Like a Scientist lesson plan also includes:
Scholars watch a video and meet a scientist who is studying sharks as she explains her observations about the sharks and provides her hypothesis to explain their behavior. Learners then act like a scientist as they watch an aquarium webcam by making observations and recording questions as they have them.
- Have individuals design either an experiment or research that would answer the "I Wonder" section of the worksheet
- Before beginning the video, students list what they think about when they hear the word scientist
- Assumes the class knows about the scientific method
- The video is available for download or watching on YouTube
- Provides links to outside sources for other research projects
- The link to the whale research project is broken