This Theo’s Story lesson plan also includes:
Encourage your class to consider a beautiful short film about a boy named Theo who happens to be visually impaired. Over the course of the lesson, pupils work in pairs, discuss their ideas and the film as a class, view the film, take notes, respond to provided questions, examine Theo's character, and write a brief paragraph.
- Have your class create their own T-charts or diagrams to take notes on how Theo is similar to and different from other children
- Watch some of the other videos by the same filmmaker to extend the theme; these are available through the video link
- Theo does has a British accent; if your pupils are unfamiliar with the accent, you may wish to pause and explain at a few places
- The focus video is touching and has a powerful message
- The plan is well-sequenced and provides many opportunities for learners to interact with other another and the subject material
- The plan is great for English language learners, ELA students, visual arts pupils, and more