Not only does Patrick the Starfish live under a rock, but so do many other types of creatures. From slugs to centipedes to spiders, rocks are home to all sortss of crawly things. Find out more in the video.
13 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Take a nature walk around the school to look for creatures living under rocks, and have pupils record their observations in an observation sheet
- Prepare a worksheet to go along with the video so that learners can answer questions as they watch
- Resource is the fourth in a series of 26 Earth science videos
- Best suited for elementary-aged scientists
- Provides safety tips for looking at living things under rocks
- Cartoon and real images help support the topic under investigation