This The War in the Pacific by the Numbers handout & reference also includes:
It may be difficult to quantify the cost of war, but an informative resource shows learners the toll of the Pacific campaign during World War II. From the number of presidents who served during the war (two) to the square feet of a Marsden mat needed to build runways (800 million), learners gain a better appreciation of the war's impact.
- Use the resource to simulate a discussion on the resources required for war
- Extend the learning by asking pupils to conduct research and contribute their own numbers to the list
- Resource is part of the War in the Pacific series
- Bibliography makes researching additional information easy
- Numbers are easy to understand across a variety of skill levels
- Resource is reference only, so the teacher will need to create activities