This The War in Europe: Evaluating Historic Decisions lesson plan also includes:
War brings a whole new set of ethical dilemmas. From deciding whether to enlist in a segregated and racist Army to whether to sacrifice civilian lives to prepare for a critical D-Day invasion, leaders during World War II faced many difficult decisions. Using discussion questions and a worksheet, learners examine videos profiling some of the tough choices and then compare what they would do in similar circumstances.
- Use discussion questions to supplement the videos in the set
- Create a jigsaw-style discussion to examine various ethical scenarios
- Part of the larger War in Europe series
- Learners need the ability to independently review videos referenced in the activity plan
- Activity is student-led and develops critical thinking skills
- Structure allows for civil discourse on controversial issues