This The Value of Ancient Traditions lesson plan also includes:
Imagine having to give up cell phones, computers, and TV? What would be lost? What gained? An examination of the Drokpa, a nomadic people who live in the grasslands of Tibet, provides class members an opportunity to consider how access to technology, climate change, and forced relocation impact a culture.
- Have class members find maps of Tibet, China, and India and mark the area referred to in the resource
- Ask class members to unplug from technology for a week and reflect on the changes this choice made
- The resource, produce by the Global Oneness Project, has a definite point of view; therefore, preview the entire packet to determine if appropriate for your learning situation
- The seven-page packet includes background information on the Drokpa, the Chinese invasion of Tibet, links to the photo essays, discussion questions, and links to related resources
- No map of the region is provided